June 6, 2012

Old emails & "getting the word out"

I discovered Wordles the other night, just after posting my last... post (How do you avoid repeating post if you posted a post? What else do you call it?!). They are amazing and I love them so, so much. I made about a dozen of them, I just couldn't stop XD If you play around with your own Wordles, I'd love to hear what you did! I used my blog, a book of the Bible, a Shakespeare play, a French play, and a few others. So. Beautiful. I absolutely love words, if you didn't know :) They are thoughts, ideas, languages, books, speech, names, actions, feelings: everything you can think of! I guess, even more than just words, I still love linguistics; I just don't want to make a career out of it. Working in a library will be the best thing, ever. I can't wait to find a library job! And I wish I didn't have to find a just-for-the-summer job X(



Oh, you know those annoying ads on Pandora for Vistaprint? The ones that offer you 250 FREE* (*shipping) business cards? I decided to see if I could find a card I liked, and wound up designing a very sweet two-sided card with all my contact info, and of course my blog name :D But while I was putting in my info, I got to my email and had to pause. It's been bugging me for a long time now, but with two school emails and a person email that was really hard to spell, I've been having a really hard time tracking which accounts I used for what! My school emails are mine "for life" whether I want them or not, so both get forwarded to my personal email. I've used that old hotmail address for almost ten years, so I really didn't want to have to change it. On the other hand, I've learned recently that "anything@hotmail.com" doesn't exactly give off a professional vibe... Does anybody else have an old email like that? The one you took forever to choose, and it really says who you are? Only it's a decade later and you don't really want to keep spelling your-name-translated-into-a-fictional-language for everybody XD
You know it's awesome

Well, I sure had one of those... up until about an hour ago! I went into my hotmail account setting and changed my email to my-name-@live.com, which makes me quite happy since now my twitter and facebook and email all have my first and last name :D So the blog-ness cards I just ordered have my name on them in four different places: no confusion about who they're for, eh? And the very best part is that I used one of the Wordles I made for the "front" side, and the contact info is on the "back." It's going to be sooooo pretty, and advertise my blog in the best way! I won't have many opportunities to hand them out, so 250 will be plenty for now, but it makes me very happy that I won't have to write down my email (or phone or blog name) anymore!

the Wordle I used on my card
I forgot to mention in my last post, but I did get an email back from the gal at AmeriCorps. It wasn't exactly helpful, though, so I'm going to try asking some questions on the LinkedIn group they have. What I do know for now is that I can't sign up until August, and the "year" is actually 11 months, from October to September (hence the need for a summer job). Oh, and I'm done with my internship, as of this morning: YAY!! It was so much fun, and I learned a lot, but I'm ready to be done with school, and since it was technically for credit I'm very glad to be done :) I'll turn in the paperwork next week, and after the 14th, or whenever I finish my "finals," I get to sleep for a week! Not really, but I'll at least be able to sleep in :D I'm going to make a daily schedule for myself, so that I can get more things done and spend less time procrastinating. Housework, job searching, and blogging will be my priorities, starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment