May 13, 2012

Posting!

So, one of the reasons that I don't blog very often is the length of time it takes for me to come up with something worth reading. With that in mind, I've decided that I'll be trying something new: posting frequently in small amounts, just a paragraph or two at a time. I don't need to write a whole page to just get a few thoughts out. 


What's on my mind right now: literacy! I want to get involved, teaching people to read, helping them understand how amazing a good vocabulary can be, and how many cool ideas there are stowed away in books. I did some research already, and while looking for local literacy groups, I found out about AmeriCorps and I think they're probably the way to go. I can work locally, and if I give a year as a volunteer, I can even get a little money to pay off school loans: heck yes! Win/win/win :D I'll be doing some more research when school is out, so I'll keep posting what I find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment