May 21, 2012

To clarify, and continue

I realized after posting my thesis on Twilight yesterday that I forgot another thing I was going to mention: despite my intense desire to simply dismiss them as rubbish because of reviews and how popular they are, I'm planning to give the Hunger Games books a try. After I finish Twilight, of course :) And again, after the books, I'll probably have to watch the movies, if merely for the ability to say "yes, I have" when somebody says "you don't know, you haven't seen them!" Ah, lemmings...

While I'm talking about hugely popular book series,
I should write something about Harry Potter...

Also, I realized today that part of my change in opinion towards the Twilight books could be a change in my personal code of ethics, if you will. I don't attempt to deny that I used to be a bit of a prude: I took good concepts that my parents taught me, and took them a little too far. So some things that I might have been righteously indignant about, 4 or 5 years ago, don't strike me as being so heinous now. Or maybe I just have more discernment and I can see things for what they really are :)
Heh, so cute...
Finally, I've been thinking about possibly trying to change the name of my blog. Epic Things is a fun title, but I worry that it isn't... accurate. Any opinions or ideas on that? I'm not sure if I can change the URL, though, so I might be stuck with it XD Another hitch with that idea is that I don't want to change the name on everybody just after getting so much new traffic. Thank you, by the way, to everybody who has checked out Epic Things because of my facebook event! I love that I actually have people to talk to now, instead of thin air. I'm looking forward to refining my topics more and more, based on the feedback I get. (also, it is SO MUCH FUN to find images for these posts!)

1 comment:

  1. You are epic and therefore all of your thoughts are epic. Keep the name! You definitely don't want to "lower" your standards and go with something such as "Leslie's Rambles" or "Things That Just Popped Into Leslie's Head", etc. You see where I'm going with this? Keep up the good work and by all means, keep writing...

    ReplyDelete