January 18, 2013

And back again...

I'm starting to be really okay with my sporadic posting habits. If I don't feel like posting, I just don't post: nothing wrong with that. I do feel bad that I never got around to writing about Dracula, but I have a partial draft saved so that I can make sure I post it at some point :) In the mean time, I will try to get this blog caught up on everything I've been doing for the last month! For starters, one of the reasons I didn't feel like posting any sooner was the fact that my lovely music widget has been shut down. I came to my blog a couple weeks ago to see how things were doing and maybe write a post, but found that all the hard work I put into that playlist was wasted because the entire company was shutting down!! So that's a sad thing :/ I may work on making a playlist on youtube and embedding it somewhere, but since I don't have access to my old Mixpod playlist I don't really feel like starting from scratch....


Another reason I haven't been posting is because I've been busy working :D *so proud of having a real job* I know, I only work 15 hours a week, so I can't be that busy; but it takes a lot out of me, even just working a three-hour tour shift, just because I haven't worked in so long. My poor, soft, lazy body is having a hard time keeping up :) Other than being a little tiring, I really love my job!!!! It's a lot of fun, the people I work with are super nice, and the kids that come to the library are hilarious. I hear the cutest things, seriously :) One sort of "bad" thing about the job is those dang book carts... They don't like to go the direction you want them to, so I find myself twisting my body to get them to turn :P I'm looking forward to finding a chiropractor, and really hoping I don't jack up my body too much. I'm doing all the proper lifting, though :)
Two months later...
Ok, I started this post quite a while ago but I'm just going to pick up where I left off instead of starting from scratch :) Lots of fun times (and drama) over the holidays, but we got through it all in one piece, with lots of plans for being healthier and stronger this year. One of the reasons for the drama was a delay in my financial aid paperwork coming together smoothly, but as of Tuesday it all got worked out and I'm officially a student again! I'm already really enjoying my classes so far, but since I'm taking a total of six different courses in one semester, I'm basically giving up on the idea of blogging more than once a month. Sad face, I know, but I think it will all work out. Unfortunately, a lot of the stuff I was going to post about nails and makeup has kinda become irrelevant just because of the amount of time that's passed, so sorry about that :( On the other hand, I'm excited to see what I can share of what I learn in class!
Nothing this glamorous, sadly :)
SO, that's about the size of it! I'll be around, but not frequently; when I do post it will probably have something to do with my classes, since that and work will be the bulk of my life for a while. I'm sooo super excited (no sarcasm here(or here either(gosh darnit I'm serious!!!))): I get to read the Pentateuch, or the first five books of the bible, in the next couple of weeks! And by the end of the semester, I'll have read the entire Old Testament, plus my 7 textbooks, plus 2 more books to write a paper/bookreview for each. Doesn't sound like too much, right? Well there's more :D Discussion boards, weekly quizzes, several major exams, and another paper should just about cover everything. Of course, that's just for the four classes that already started this week... I'll be starting a one-month class in February, and then a mini-term class that goes from March til the end of the semester. See why I won't be blogging?
Something like this, but with more typing XD
OH! But I do intend to get around to at least posting the pics of how I cut my own hair XD and doing a couple of quick reviews on some of the beauty tools I've bought in the last couple of months :) Man, I gotta keep reminding myself of that... Plus, I have fun plans for my financial aid once it's released: including a working phone! I'm so tired of my sad little phone that barely works as an alarm-and-email device. For now, though, it's time to get back to my homework! I'm far too easily distracted... XD

No comments:

Post a Comment